In addition to the below original statement and updates that we have issued in relation to our operations and the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to provide the following information:
- Our office and warehouse in Stevenage is now completely closed and all staff are working from home
- Please note it may take a little longer to respond to emails and telephone calls during this time
- Phone lines have been diverted to those employees working from home;
- All of our project work has now ceased for at least 3 weeks in line with the latest government restrictions of social distancing (except where critical work needs to be completed to ensure sites safe and secure) and will be reviewed after this;
- We have engineers on call to attend emergency breakdowns for contract customers, key worker industries and takeaway establishments
- Call out attendance will be limited to emergencies such as gas leaks or breakdown of critical cooking and refrigeration equipment
- We ask that physical/social distancing is maintained for our engineers, enabling them to carry out the required work safely They’re available from 5am, before your kitchen may get busy.
These are clearly unprecedented times for the nation and hospitality industry as a whole. We are committed to working with our clients during this time, however, have to keep in mind the safety of our engineers, our clients and the general public.
All the best, stay safe.
The Team at TAG.
In addition to the below statement originally issued on 16th March 2020, we’d like to confirm the following additional measures that we have put in place to mitigate any risk in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:
- Giving employees, both office-based and engineers, consent to self-isolate without any symptoms;
- We are keeping all of our engineers and installers in small teams that only work together; this prevents unnecessary contact with other engineers
- Therefore should any engineer suffer symptoms of Coronavirus, only their team members will be required to self-isolate, not the entire engineering team;
- We have implemented working-from-home as of Thursday 19th March to mitigate further risk amongst our office employees
- We will be holding one office day per week (where essential) which will be staggered amongst the team, where one person from each department attends, to further mitigate risk and prevent the entire office having to self-isolate.
For the continuity of our existing projects that we are currently delivering (and future projects planned to deliver) we would like to comment as follows:
- We are in constant dialogue with our stainless steel suppliers who are still operating fully and don’t expect any shutdowns;
- We are also mitigating any issue with one individual manufacturer by having several alternates in both the UK and Europe, specifically in areas with fewer cases meaning we can source from any one of these;
- Checks have been carried out on equipment suppliers, to ensure that they are well-stocked in the UK with transport for these still unaffected and looking to not have restrictions.
ORIGINAL STATEMENT 16-03-2020:
We wanted to provide a statement to update you regarding our arrangements during the ongoing uncertainty around Coronavirus.
At present we are operating 100% business as usual, supporting our clients on the installation, breakdown, servicing and maintenance of your catering equipment. We have the capacity within our engineering team if a number of engineers are required to self-isolate and expect that our service levels will maintain uninterrupted.
We are closely following the guidance of Public Health England and the World Health Organisation to minimise the risks to our customers and employees at work.
Some of the measures we have put in place:
- Any employee with symptoms of Coronavirus or have knowingly come into contact with someone infected with Coronavirus will be told to self-isolate in accordance with current government guidelines (7-days).
- Follow a strict hand-washing regime when entering and leaving our client sites, as well as TAG Head Office and their own homes.
- Regularly sanitise equipment that customers may come into contact with, including PDAs before and after customers sign-off a job.
- Where possible, we will hold any customer or project meetings via video call to save unnecessary site visits.
- We have +1,000 parts in stock to try and mitigate any disruption that may occur to our supply chain.
PLEASE NOTE: for compliance, we require a customer signature when completing a job, therefore, we are encouraging our engineers to not hand over their PDAs to customers. Instead, they will hold the PDA and ask the customer to sign using their finger or pen/stylus, if this works. We would then encourage the signee/customer to follow the guidelines of hand-washing after signing the PDA.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding our engineers attending your sites please contact our Service Desk on 01920 877007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Team at TAG