- The upgrade of an 80’s style, school type, bulk service into a modern high tech, bright, stylised, eating experience, in keeping with a garden centre.
- Improved kitchen area and aligned with FOH changes.
- Built in the flexibility for menu changes for up to 2000 customers per day.
- Reduced the long queues and gave a ‘food hall’ type experience.
- Separated the existing servery counters into several individual areas dedicated to different food offerings; widening the menu and options.
- Set up automated ordering and table tracking so customers do not need to carry food to table.
- Provided a cook to order service in an open kitchen so customers can see the food being freshly prepared.
- Increased the food uptake by 50% by introducing waiter upselling.
- Increased the profit margin by reducing waste.
- Introduced options for Grab and Go, coffee stations, restaurant seated service, desert tables to vary the customer interest.
- Incorporated a dedicated area within the food hall for customers to purchase ‘raw’ produce to cook at home to give a ‘farm shop’ experience.
- To appeal and cater for a wide customer base from young mums with babies to retired, older persons and all in between.
Customer testimonials: –
The staff have become proud to work at their stations, which has improved moral now they can interact directly with customers. On a recent visit 10 months later the staff and client were still smiling at the transformation. They are pleased cleaning now takes an hour rather than overnight by a team.
Dudley Clifford said:
‘ TAG delivered a project of high standard, good aesthetics and excellent design, the project started as just a BOH refurbishment, but after speaking to TAG I realised they could really help with FOH too. The ideas and look of the finished restaurant works perfectly in the environment and the layout is great! Everyone is happy, especially the accounts who have seen an increase in sales of over 30% in the new Restaurant’.’