Catering Equipment Apprentice Engineer
Thank you for your interest in our Catering Equipment Apprentice Engineer role.
Please see more information below and use the form at the bottom of the page to submit your application and we’ll get back to you.
STRICTLY UK BASED APPLICANTS ONLY.
Job Title: Catering Equipment Engineer
Job Level: Apprentice
Salary: £competitive wage + overtime
Are you a hands-on, practical person looking for a new challenge in a varied industry repairing and servicing different types of equipment?
We’re looking for multiple Catering Equipment Apprentice Engineers to join our team. Just because you’re an apprentice, it doesn’t mean you’re of school leaving age. You could be looking for a change of career from a different industry or seeking a new challenge for 2022.
Some kind of hands-on, fixing-things experience (whether work or hobby related) would be ideal but not essential.
We are hoping to enrol the successful candidates on the ceda (Catering Equipment Distributors Association) Catering Equipment Service and Installation Apprenticeship programme. This will cover knowledge and skills including ACS accreditations (including gas qualification), basic plumbing, electrical competence, Health and Safety issues, Relevant Regulations and fault finding procedures, as well as customer care and communication.
As an Award-Winning company, you will get the opportunity to work alongside some of the industries most experienced engineers and in some of the most famous commercial kitchens in London, including 5* Hotels on Park Lane, giving great job satisfaction. Due to the nature of the business, you will also be required to occasionally work at the opposite end of the spectrum, such as local cafés or takeaways.
The role will involve:
- Support the attendance of breakdown callout and repairs of all commercial catering equipment.
- Maintenance and servicing of commercial equipment on a planned basis.
- Working collaboratively as part of a large team.
- Dealing directly with our customers including other engineers and chefs.
- Paid for overtime as required and occasional overnight working.
- Working in Central London, Greater London and the Home Counties.
Interested? Please submit your CV using the form below alongside a message as to why this role interests you.
- Experience or exposure to repairing and maintaining things such as motor vehicles, machinery and equipment, although not essential.
- The willingness to learn and succeed throughout the apprenticeship programme.
- An open mind to working on varied equipment for a wide range of customers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- UK/EU Driving License.
Salary & Progression:
- Competitive apprenticeship based wage.
- Paid for overtime.
- Full apprenticeship programme and qualifications.
- Long-term career path to becoming a fully-qualified catering equipment engineer.
What we can offer you:
- Fully Equipped Company Van.
- Mobile Phone/Tablet.
- Professional Uniform.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension and Insurance.
- Modern offices in central Stevenage.
- Paid for company social meals at our project sites including fine-dining restaurants and 5* hotels.